One of my adopted recipes. Would be a wonderful accompaniment to ham and pork for the holidays or everyday!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons orange zest
- add 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- add 4 1/2 cups rhubarb (from 1 3/4 pounds rhubarb, coarsely chopped)
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom (scant)
- add 4 green onions
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger
- add 3/4 cup dried currants
- add 1 1/2 cinnamon sticks
- Stir first 6 ingredients in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture boils.
- Add rhubarb, currants, and green onions; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until rhubarb is tender but not falling apart, about 4 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Discard cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate chutney until cold, at least 1 hour (Can be made up to 2 days ahead. Keep refrigerated).
- Bring to room temperature before serving.