Servs: 15 Prep: Cook:
"Not your typical rhubarb cake! The pineapple and marshmallows add a little twist! It'll be eaten up in a flash!"
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 cup white sugar
- add 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- add 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- add 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
- add 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- add 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- add 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the pineapple, rhubarb, white sugar, brown sugar, gelatin, and marshmallows. Pour evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan. In the same bowl, prepare the cake mix according to package directions, substituting the reserved pineapple juice for the as much water in the recipe as you can. pour over the fruit, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Invert the cake onto a serving platter while still warm, or cut into pieces, and turn upside-down when serving.