If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 (12- to 14-oz) boneless rib-eye steaks (1 1/2 inches thick)<br> 1 1/2 teaspoons salt<br> 3/4 teaspoon black pepper<br> 1 tablespoon olive oil<br> 2 tablespoons unsalted butter<br> 1 medium onion, chopped <br> 1 Italian frying pepper, seeded
- Pat steaks dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté steaks, turning over once, 10 to 12 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer to a plate and keep warm, covered with foil.
- Pour off fat from skillet, keeping any brown bits in skillet, and return to moderately high heat. Add butter, onion, and frying pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally and scraping up brown bits, until onion is golden, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and chili powder and sauté, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in corn and cover skillet. Cook until corn is just tender, about 3 minutes. Remove lid, then add tomatoes and sauté, stirring, until tomatoes just begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in any meat juices on plate, basil, lime juice, and salt to taste.
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board, then cut across the grain into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve with tomato corn salad.