Chipotle are little peppers with a big flavor. These smoked and dried jalopenos add distinctive southwestern heat to these steaks.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 1 teaspoon chipotle chiles in adobo
- add 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- add 1 tablespoon shallots
- add 2 teaspoons fresh basil or cilantro
- add 1/4 teaspoon adobo sauce (from canned chipotle in adobo sauce)
- add 1 teaspoon paprika
- add fresh basil or fresh cilantro stems
- add lime wedges
- add 4 rib eye steaks, cut 1 inch thick (8-10 ounce)
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For Chipotle Butter:In a small bowl stir together butter, shallots, snipped basil or cilantro, lime juice, and chipotle pepper until combined; set aside.
- In another small bowl stie together cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper; stir in olive oil and adobo sauce until a paste forms, spread mixture over both sides of steaks.
- Grill steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat until desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling; allow 14 to 18 minutes for medium(160 degrees.
- Serve steaks with chipotle butter and garnish with lime and herbs.