I made these for a sport's banquet and they came out soooo cute for the kids. I dipped them in white chocolate and sprinkled red sugar sprinkles on them, because red and white are the team colors. I wrapped them in plastic and tied with red curling ribbon. They were a huge success!
- add wooden craft sticks (popsicle sticks)
- add candy sprinkles or colored sugar sprinkle
- add 1 (10 ounce) package marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- add 1-1 1/2 cup white chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- add 6 cups Rice Krispies
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan or large microwavable bowl, melt butter and marshmallows.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal until it is evenly coated.
- Let the mixture cool for about 15 minutes or so, giving it a stir once in awhile.
- Butter you hands (important!) and then shape the treats into 2 inch balls, pressing gently so they are compact, not loose.
- Push a stick into each ball and set aside to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or double boiler and stir until smooth.
- Dip the top of the treat balls into the chocolate and then sprinkle with the candy or sugar sprinkles.
- Lay on a wax paper lined tray until chocolate is hardened.
- For bake sales or potlucks, wrap each treat in plastic and tie with curling ribbon.