I love how this smells when it's cooking! A very different version of pilaf.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- add 1/4 cup chopped red peppers
- add 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- add 1 1/3 cups white rice (I use jasmine)
- add 1 bay leaf
- add 1 2/3 cups water
- add 1/4 cup chopped onions
- add 1 teaspoon butter
- add 1/4 cup chopped celery
- Bring first 4 ingrediants to a boil in a sauce pan.
- Add rice, cover and cook till rice is tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Sautee celery, pepper, onion, and 1 t butter till tender.
- Stir vegetables into rice.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.