Very Rich! Tweeked from a hersey's recipe! Make 2 pies or one and scoop the rest into bowls or use for a trifle.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 (9 inch) pie shells
- add 1/3 cup cornstarch
- add 2 cups hershey's special dark chocolate chips
- add 2 cups whipping cream
- add 1 large banana
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- add 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- add 3 cups milk
- add 1 (3 1/8 ounce) box instant banana pudding mix
- add 4 egg yolks
- add 2/3 cup sugar
- Place banana slices in bottom of cooled baked pie shell.
- Stir together sugar, cornstarch and salt in 2 quart pyrex measuring cup.
- Combine egg yolks and milk add to dry ingredients.
- Cook in micro, wisking occasionally, until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Microwave for 1 minute more.
- Remove from micro, wisk pie mixture smooth.
- Wisk in butter and vanilla.
- Add 2 cups chocolate chips, stir until chips are melted and mixture is well blended.
- Pour into prepared pie shell over bananas.
- Meanwhile whip whipping cream and pudding for 1-2 minutes at medium speed.
- Spread on top of chocolate filling.
- Refrigerate covered several hours or overnight.