This recipe came from my favorite Aunt who used to make this for all the family dinners. I think this was the first cheesecake I ever tasted. All who try it, agree. The best, most creamy, no-bake cheesecake ever. It is our annual Christmas dessert!
- add 1 pint whipping cream
- add 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- add 2 tablespoons sugar
- add 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- add 1 cup sugar
- add 1 cup boiling water
- add 1/3 cup sugar
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- add 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- Mix all ingredients for crust, and press crumbs into bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Dissolve jello in boiling water and chill until it thickens (syrupy).
- In large mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- On low speed, beat the jello into cream cheese mixture.
- In separate small bowl, beat the whipping cream and 2 tbs sugar and fold into jello/cream cheese mixture.
- Pour in crust and chill until set-about 1 1/2 hours.
- I don't know about using the unflavored gelatin and lemon juice. I would imagine that if you keep the liquid in the same quantities, you should be fine. One packet of gelatin dissolved in 1 cup of boiling water-just make sure its all dissolved. I would start with 1 tbs of lemon juice and taste and go from there. You will also need to add a sweetner of some sort to balance the tartness of the lemon. (added 5-5-04) B