Burfi is a traditional indian sweet, which is made from many things and can be compared to the shape/consistency of fudge. This is a ricotta cheese version that is SO good. Sweet, great texture. You can either cut into pieces, or, eat with a spoon from a bowl. Preparation time does NOT include refrigeration time.
- add 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- add 1/4 cup chopped pistachios or almonds
- add 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- add 1/4 lb unsalted butter
- Melt butter in a deep pan.
- Add ricotta cheese, stirring until smooth, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add condensed milk.
- Turn heat to LOW, heat the entire mixture for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add almonds and/or pistachios. (I added some coconut chopped super-fine with pistachios).
- EITHER: pour mixture into a square pan, let set in fridge for 4 hours, cut into squares.
- OR: Let cool in fridge, serve ice-cream sized scoop, garnished with whole pistachio or almond.