A very tasty and easy recipe...I love the mixture of flavors.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 teaspoons olive oil
- add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- add 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- add 3/4 teaspoon salt
- add 8 ounces lean ground beef
- add 1/3 cup chicken broth
- add 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomato puree
- add 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- add 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- add 3/4 lb white mushrooms
- add 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- add 1 lb rigatoni pasta
- add 1 cup chopped onions
- add 1/2 lb eggplants
- Place eggplant in colander and weight down with plate to drain juices.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and mushrooms, cook, stirring frequently until softened.
- Add ground beef, breaking up with spoon; cook until browned.
- Drain well, then transfer to bowl.
- Add eggplant and broth to same skillet; cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover; add garlic, salt, thyme and red pepper; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Reduce heat to medium; add tomatoes and beef mixture, breaking up tomatoes with spoon.
- Cover, simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- Toss with rigatoni and parsley.