These yummy creations were on an antipasto platter at the Rimfire Winery at Maclagan (near Toowoomba, Queensland). I just HAD to ask the chef for the recipe! They've become a family favourite.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste)
- add 1/2 cup tasty cheese
- add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- add 2 tablespoons mild paprika
- add 125 g Philadelphia Cream cheese
- In a small bowl combine cheeses and curry powder.
- Add at least enough curry powder to turn the mixture a pale yellow'eggy' colour- and more if you want it to taste really hot.
- Beat until well combined.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the paprika onto a plate or chopping board.
- Take half of the cheese mixture and roll it into a ball.
- Now roll the ball in the paprika until well covered.
- Wash and dry hands and repeat with the rest of the cheese mixture.
- Place cheese balls into a plastic box, cover with a lid and refrigerate until cold.
- Serve with water biscuits (cheese crackers).