Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
MONTASER M MASOUD Chef world A SSOCOIATION OF CHEF SOCIETIE ? MASTER CHEF GCC SENIOR MEMBER .JUDGE THE EMIRATES SALON CULINAIRE .EXECUTIVE CHEF-IHG F & B Consultant KING ABDULAZIZ UNIVERSITY Tourism Institute . Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- add Ingredients
- add 4 12 lbs beef tenderloin (trimmed whole, tail end tucked under tied every 3 inches)
- add 2 tsps kosher salt (coarse)
- add 4 tbsps unsalted butter (chilled, divided)
- add 14 cup shallots (finely chopped)
- add 3 tbsps cognac (brandy)
- add 1 fresh rosemary (sprig)
- add 1 tsp black pepper (coarsely cracked)
- add 1 cup tawny port (ruby)
- add 1 cup Simple Homemade Beef Stock (ruby)
- add 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
- add 2 tbsps black peppercorns (coarsely cracked in mortar with pestle or in resealable plastic bag with mallet)
- 1. For rub, combine shallots, garlic cloves, brown sugar, coriander seed, peppercorns, and the 2 teaspoons salt in a food-processor bowl or blender container. Cover and process or blend until coriander seed and peppercorns are coarsely chopped and mixture is combined. Spread shallot mixture over top and sides of meat. Place meat in a plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Close bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 24 hours.
- 2. For salsa, in a medium mixing bowl combine black beans, mango, sweet and hot peppers, corn, and cilantro. Stir together lime juice, salad dressing, and remaining salt; add to bean mixture, tossing gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours to overnight.
- 3. To prepare meat, preheat oven to 425 degree F. Remove meat from bag. Place meat on rack in a shallow roasting pan. Replace any shallot mixture that may have fallen off. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145 degree F (medium rare). Cover meat with foil; let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa. Makes 8 to 10 servings.