The herbed potatoes keep the chicken very moist and lend it their flavor. Nice recipe
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 1/2 lbs roasting chickens
- add 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- add 1 1/2 lbs potatoes
- add 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken stock
- add 4 cloves garlic
- add 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- add 12 sprigs parsley
- Process the parsley, garlic, rosemary,thyme and sage until minced.
- Reserve 2 tbsp.
- Put 1 cup of chicken stock in a sauce pan add the herb mixture (reserve the 2 tbsp) and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the potatoes, heat to boil,covered, cook until they are tender but still firm about 15 min.
- let them rest to cool, drain if there is any stock left, and reserve it.
- Spoon half the potatoes into the chicken sew the cavity shut.
- Rub the reserved herb mixture all over the chicken.
- Arrange remaining potatoes around the chicken in the baking dish.
- Spoon some of the remaining broth over the chicken.
- Roast in a 375F oven for 1 hour or until the juices run clear-internal temp 180f degrees.
- Baste the chicken every 15 minutes with the stock.