I created this after seeing someone do lamb rolled and roasted. My family isn't crazy about lamb, so I came up with this lovely spinach and Brie stuffed pork tenderloin.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 Pork tenderloin
- add 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- add 3 Cups fresh spinach leaves
- add 1/4 Sweet onion, sliced thin
- add 2 Tablespoons Marscapone Cheese
- add 3 Tablespoons Brie Cheese
- add 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- add 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- add salt & pepper to taste
- add For the sauce:
- add 2 Tablespoons butter
- add 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- add 1 Tablespoon flour
- add 1 Cup milk
- add 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- add salt and pepper to taste
- Butterfly and pound the pork tenderloin until about 1/2 inch thick.
- (You could also ask your butcher to do this for you.)
- Season meat with rosemary, garlic and salt and pepper, both sides.
- Blanch spinach in boiling water for 30 seconds and place in ice water. Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Slather the Marscapone Cheese on the pork.
- Place the spinach down the middle and top with onion slices.
- Put pieces of Brie on top of that.
- Roll up and tie for roasting. Heat olive oil in oven proof skillet.
- Brown pork on all sides on high heat, about 5 minutes total. Place in pre-heated 375 degree oven and roast until thermometer shows meat has reached 150 to 160 degrees.
- Meanwhile make sauce: Melt butter over medium heat in sauce pan, add onion and cook on medium until softened, about 5 minutes. Add flour and stir and cook one minute. Add milk and stir until smooth. Add seasonings to taste.
- Remove roast pork from oven and cover with foil and let rest at least 5-10 minutes before slicing into 3/4 inch slices. Serve with sauce.