This is a fabulous dinner for when there is unexpected company and you have a deli close by! Of course, if you are an organized person, you never have unexpected company; and you have already roasted your own chicken. Either way, its a winner.
- add 3/4 teaspoon whole pink peppercorns
- add 1/2 cup white wine
- add 1 roasted chicken
- add 1/2 cup chicken stock
- add 4 teaspoons white sugar
- add 4 teaspoons butter
- add 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- add salt
- add 1/4 cup wild blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Cut the roasted chicken into quarters.
- In a warmed saucepan, add the sugar and stir until it melts.
- Add the wine, chicken stock, vinegar, peppercorns and blueberries.
- Increase the heat to medium high and reduce the sauce by half.
- Whisk in the butter to thicken the sauce, taking care not to let it come to the boil.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Arrange quartered chicken on serving plates and top with sauce.