Wonderful for when you have a few green tomatoes on hand at the end of the season.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- add 3 green tomatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- add 1 small red onion
- add 3-4 jalapeno peppers (or to taste)
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons minced roasted garlic
- add 3 ripe tomatoes (red, orange or yellow; about 1 1/4 pounds)
- add 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In an ungreased iron skillet or comal, roast the jalapenos over medium heat, turning frequently, until blistered and charred, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the jalapenos from the pan and soak them in a bowl of ice water, and when they have cooled, rub off the charred outer skin with your fingers and throw the skin away.
- Stem and deseed the chiles and dice them very fine, and set aside.
- Core the tomatoes and remove as many seeds as possible; cut into a fine dice and place in a bowl with all other ingredients; stir well to blend.
- Check seasoning in salsa and allow to sit for 1 hour or so before serving to develop flavor.