This salsa will keep, covered and refrigerated, about 5 to 6 weeks, mainly because no mold or bacteria would dare to come near the stuff.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 limes)
- add 10 habanero peppers
- add 1/3 cup virgin olive oil
- add 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- add 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- add 6 ripe plum tomatoes
- Combine tablespoon of olive oil and garlic and mix well.
- Rub tomato halves with this mixture, sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked pepper and roast in 500-degree oven until they begin to take o some serious color, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool to room temperature and dice.
- Meanwhile, grill habanero peppers over a medium-hot fire until slightly colored, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove peppers from fire and mince.
- Be very careful when working with this pepper.
- Wear gloves when mincing it, and if you get any of the juice on your skin, wash it off with a mild bleach solution, which neutralizes the capsaicin.
- Also, be sure not to rub your eyes while working with these peppers, and wash your hands well after you're done.
- These little guys are incendiary.
- In medium-size bowl, combine tomatoes, peppers, 1/4 cup olive oil, lime juice and cilantro, mix well, and prepare for takeoff.