If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 4 amaretti cookies (Italian almond macaroons; 1‚ inches in diameter), crumbled
- add 1/3 cup water
- add 4 firm-ripe Bartlett pears, halved lengthwise and cored
- add 3 tablespoons Di Saronno Amaretto or other almond-flavored liqueur
- add 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix Amaretto and vinegar in a 13- by 9-inch baking dish. Put pears, cut sides down, in dish.
- Roast pears 15 minutes. Add water and roast until pears are tender but still hold their shape, 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Arrange pears, cut sides up, on a platter and spoon pan juices over them. Sprinkle with half of cookie crumbs, then baste with pan juices. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs and serve warm or at room temperature.