From 'Everyday Food'. I made this using one large pork loin. I felt it needed a bit more hoisin sauce, so I doubled the amount indicated. It was really delicious.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- add 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloins
- add 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- add 8 garlic cloves
- add 1 (2 lb) acorn squash, quartered, seeded and sliced 1/2 inch thick, skin on (see note)
- add 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Scatter squash and garlic in a lrge roasting pan.
- Mix rosemary, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; rub into pork.
- Place in pan with vegetables; drizzle with oil.
- Roast 25 minutes.
- Brush pork with hoisin sauce.
- Continue roasting, about 15 minutes, until pork reaches and internal temperature of 140 degrees.
- Let meat stand 5 minutes before slicing into 1 1/2 inch tenderloins.
- Serve with squash, garlic, and any pan juices.
- NOTE:The recipe says to leave the skin on the squash.Perhaps this is so the squash will not fall apart during the cooking process.I did cook it as specified but took it off prior to eating.