"It’s March and to ward off the last of the winter chill try a seafood soup. Thank-you to our friends at <A class="""" href=""http://www.oceangarden.com "" target="""">Ocean Garden </A>and Executive Chef Lou Imbesi, Catelli Ristorante for this GREAT shrimp recipe!"
- add 1 cup roasted pumpkin puree (Canned pumpkin or roasted butternut squash can be substituted)
- add 1 1/2 cup shrimp or chicken stock
- add 1 cup reduced shrimp or shellfish cream ( 1 ½ cups heavy cream )
- add 6 oz. Dry sherry
- add 1 sprig thyme
- add 1 medium onion
- add Ground ginger, allspice, cloves, nutmeg and cinnamon to taste
- add 1 tablespoon butter
- add 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- add 1 teaspoon minced chives
- add Salt and pepper to taste
- add 6 Roasted mini pumpkins hollowed out
- add 12 U-15 Ocean Garden shrimp peeled and de-veined (shells reserved)
- Sautee the shrimp shells in half the butter until well colored, deglaze with the sherry and allow to evaporate. Add 2 cups heavy cream, thyme and simmer till reduced by half and strain. Sautee the onion with the remaining butter till translucent, add the pumpkin puree, shrimp stock, 6 diced shrimp and reduced shrimp cream and allow to simmer for 8 minutes. Add the spice blend, salt and pepper to taste. With a hand held immersion blender puree the mixture till smooth.To serve season the remaining shrimp with salt and pepper and sear in hot skillet with olive oil till cooked through. Divide soup mixture evenly into the roasted mini pumpkins or warmed soup bowls. Garnish with seared shrimp and chives.