Recipe posted per request for salsa recipes. This is a very hot relish type of salsa, if you want it milder you can change the type of chilies used. Recipe source: Coyote Cafe.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 6 serrano chilies
- add 1/4 cup orange juice
- add 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- add 2 tablespoons cilantro
- add 1 lb tomatoes
- add 2 tablespoons yellow bell peppers
- add 2 tablespoons red onions
- add 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a cast iron skillet over medium high heat cook the seranos until blackened.
- Remove half of the blackened skin and discard.
- Chop the chilies.
- Combine the chopped chilies with the remaining ingredients.
- Let stand 1 hour.
- Cover and refrigerate.