Servs: 24 Prep: Cook:
"This chunky, smoky salsa tastes amazing with tortilla chips. Roasted tomatoes, garlic, onion and jalapeno are blended with cilantro and cumin to create one of the tastiest and easiest Mexican-inspired recipes you'll ever try."
- add 1 small onion, quartered
- add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 12 roma (plum) tomatoes
- add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- add 1 jalapeno chile pepper
- add 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- add 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- add 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- add 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium baking dish, place roma (plum) tomatoes, garlic, onion and jalapeno chile pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Checking often, broil 5 to 10 minutes, or until outsides of vegetables are charred.
- Remove vegetables from heat. Remove and discard tomato cores, jalapeno stem and garlic skins.
- In a food processor, coarsely chop the charred vegetables. Transfer to a medium bowl and mix in cumin, salt, lime juice and cilantro.