Servs: 40 Prep: Cook:
"Roasted tomatoes, garlic and onion give this salsa a wonderful smoky flavor."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- add 1 teaspoon hot chile sauce
- add 1 onion, chopped
- add 5 cloves garlic, diced
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- add 1 cup water
- Preheat the broiler.
- On a medium baking sheet, arrange tomatoes, garlic and onion. Place under the broiler. Checking frequently, heat 15 minutes, or until vegetables are charred. Remove from heat and allow to cool approximately 10 minutes.
- Place charred vegetables in a blender or food processor with the water and blend until smooth. Stir in ground black pepper, hot pepper sauce, salt and hot chile sauce. Refrigerate the mixture until serving.