If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1 medium red onion
- add salt and pepper
- add 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- add 3 jalapeno peppers
- add 4 large ripe but still firm tomatoes
- Put vegetables on a sheet pan in a 500-degree oven, or on a charcoal or gas grill over medium heat.
- Cook until nicely charred and blistered.
- (They will char more on the grill. They will take about 30 minutes in the oven, less on the grill.) Core, but dont peel the tomatoes.
- Peel, stem and seed the peppers.
- Remove the skin from the onion and peel the garlic.
- Put the onion and garlic in a food processor, or puree, but not too smooth.
- Add tomatoes and peppers and pulse until you achieve the texture you desire.
- Pour into a bowl, add cilantro and salt and pepper.
- Let sit an hour for flavors to meld and temperature to cool.