It is summer time and I wanted to use some of the garden vegetables. I found a black bean salsa recipe (#60617) on recipezaar. It sounded good, but I made roasted potatoes the night before and I had zucchini and yellow squash, onions and a green pepper at home, so I combined the one recipe with the other. Oh did it turn out well. It tasted better that most salsas that I get at restaurants. It isn't that spicy, but very flavorful and perfect for the summer time. It is great with tortilla chips and beer. This recipe can probably be halved easily.
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 1 tablespoon cumin
- add 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- add 1 large red onion
- add 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- add 2 large tomatoes
- add 1 lb zucchini or yellow squash
- add 4 teaspoons lime juice
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen corn
- add 4 teaspoons chili powder
- add 1 large green pepper
- add 2 teaspoons cilantro
- Combine corn, green pepper, squash and onion in a baking pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over vegetables and season with salt and pepper, toss to coat.
- Roast in 425 degree F oven stirring once until tender and lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine black beans, tomatoes, spices and lime juice in a large bowl.
- Add roasted vegetables.
- Cover and chill.
- Great with tortilla chips.