Yes, they're meatless and lowfat, but they taste good, too. Don't substitute any other type of vinegar for the balsamic...this much regular vinegar on vegetables will just give you pickles, whereas the balsamic makes them taste a little sweet.
- add 1/4-1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- add 12 flour tortillas
- add 1 cup nonfat yogurt or sour cream
- add 2-3 teaspoons olive oil
- add 2 red bell peppers
- add 1/2 lb jicama
- add 1 lime, juice of
- add 1 zucchini
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 2 tablespoons garlic
- add 1 onion
- add 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped (loosely packed)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, combine 1 teaspoons oil and 1/4 cup vinegar.
- When vinegar starts to simmer, add the onions and garlic.
- Saute 8-10 minutes, adding additional vinegar if the onions stick.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and lime, then set aside.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Brush the raw vegetables with the remaining oil.
- Broil, turning once, for about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and combine with the onion mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the yogurt or sour cream and cumin. Serve with vegetables and tortillas.