Rose petals can be used for making jewelry and in particular, to make beads. This can be used to make a romantic necklace for a loved one, and kids will enjoy this too! You will need # 24 florist's wire for this recipe.
- add 1 3/4 cups flour
- add rose extract (optional)
- add 3 cups rose petals
- add water
- add 4 tablespoons salt
- Measure 4 tablespoons of salt and 1 3/4 cups of flour into a bowl, then add a little water to make a smooth dough. Finely chop three cups of rose petals, then press them into the dough. On a floured counter, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Use a thimble to cup the dough. Roll the circles in your palms till it forms a smooth ball. The shapes can be round, oval or even square if you want.
- When you finish rolling each bead, string it on #24 florist's wire. The beads should then be hung in a dark place until they are dry. As the beads are drying, move them around occasionally to keep them from sticking together. You can then string them onto some dental floss. The beads are now ready to be made into a necklace.
- Experiment with not only silver and gold, but also try crystal beads with your rose beads, for a different look. If you wish for more fragrance, try a drop of rose oil or rose extract on the necklace beads. Have fun!