Summer is grilling time and I love an outdoor grill with a rotisserie. Here is what I did with a small roast and I wanted to share with you.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add aluminum foil, to serve as drip tray (or an aluminum throw away pan)
- add 2 lbs eye of round roast
- add 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef gravy (any brand)
- add 1/4 cup water
- add 1/2 medium onion
- add 1 medium carrot
- add 1/4 cup McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- Set up your outdoor rotisserie grill for indirect cooking.
- Move lava rocks to one side and place aluminum drip pan in its place.
- If you have a newer grill like mine that uses no rocks, but has a dome over the burners, bend your aluminum to mold to the dome and create a pan for drippings.
- Light your grill and use the burner opposite from where you placed your drip pan.
- Leave the burner on high.
- Prepare your meat by sprinkling it with the seasoning.
- Rub into meat.
- Secure the meat on your rotisserie skewer so that it is over the drip pan.
- Place the roast on the grill and let the rotisserie run, covered for 20 minutes.
- At this time quarter your onion and carrot and place in drip pan.
- Continue to roast meat covered for 40 minutes, checking the drip pan occasionally for dryness and add water.
- After an hour use a meat thermometer to check for your desired doneness (160 degrees for medium).
- Place roast on a platter.
- Take drip pan, add 1/4 cup water and scrape pan drippings.
- Discard vegetables and mix pan drippings in with your favorite gravy Add a baked potato and a salad and enjoy!