If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add whole garlic pickles
- add beef, sliced (thin slices)
- add mustard
- add bacon
- add bay leaves
- add salt and pepper
- add onions
- Place the rouladen on the counter.
- Spread mustard on each rouladen.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 bacon strips on each rouladen.
- On one end of the rouladen, place a pickle and onion (with the pickle being on outer end, then onion).
- Roll the rouladen and either use toothpickes or thread to keep in place.
- The best pot to use if you have it is cast iron, but a regular roasting pot is fine too.
- Place olive oil and water on bottom of pot.
- Put in the rouladen.
- Put about 6 bay leaves in the pot.
- Bake at 325-350 degrees for at least 3 hours.
- A good slow cook to have all the flavors blend in and for the pickle and onion to be moist.