This is one of my favorite recipes. It takes a little longer to cook than some recipes, but is very worth it. The gravy you'll make is wonderful served over mashed potatoes.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- add 1/2 cup sour cream
- add 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- add 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- add 1/4 cup flour
- add 2 medium onions
- add 1-1 1/2 lb round steaks
- add 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut steak into four pieces.
- On a plate, mix salt, pepper, marjoram, and flour.
- Dredge steaks in flour.
- Pound mixture into steaks till steaks are about double in diameter and about 1/4" thick.
- In a heavy skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions; saute 10 minutes or till golden brown.
- Lift out onions, set aside.
- Add steak to hot skillet.
- Brown over med-high heat.
- Add broth and onions.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat 1 hour or till tender.
- Remove steaks to warm platter.
- Stir sour cream into pan drippings.
- Whisk till smooth-- do not boil!
- Pour over steaks and serve.