I can't remember where I got this recipe...from a magazine or a book years ago. I make it when ever I get fresh beets.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup baby carrots
- add 1 lb lean stewing beef
- add 1 tablespoon sugar
- add sour cream or fresh dill
- add 4 garlic cloves
- add 1 cup chopped onions
- add 1/2 lb fresh beets
- add 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- add 1/4 cup lemon juice
- add 1 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- add 4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the following order:.
- cabbage, beets, carrots, parsnip, onion, garlic, beef, tomatoes with juice, broth, lemon juice, sugar and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours or until veggies are tender-crisp.Season with additional lemon juice and sugar, if desired garnish with sour cream and fresh dill.