Servs: 8 Prep: Cook:
again it is healhty and versetile. could be used with Chicken, Lamb, Beef,Turkey ,Fish or any other game meat..it is a favorite persian rice dish that can satisfy A kings & A queens taste.
- add 3 -cups of basmati rice
- add 1 cup chopped leek
- add 1-cup choped green onion
- add 3 clove fresh chopped garlic
- add 1-cup fresh chopped cilantro
- add 1/2 cup chopped parcley
- add 1/2 cup fresh chopped dill
- add 1/2 cup Exra virgin olive oil
- add 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- add lemon pepper to taste
- add 1- tes crushed saffron
- add 1 tes turmeric
- add 1-tes paprika
- add salt to taste
- 1- In a larg bowl rinse the Basmati rice 2 0r 3 times.
- 2- Fill the rice bow with water to soak at leat 2 hrs.
- 3- Fill a large pot with water & boil . Add salt to water about 1 ts.
- 4- add the rice to boiling water cook about 2 to,, min..
- 5- using a large calander drain the rice from water.( taste the rise & ck the salt, you want to make sure that is not to salty , if it is rinse the rice with tab water.)
- 6- using a non stick large pot pour just enough oil any vegatable oil.add crushed saffron, turmeric & paprika.add about 1/2 cup of water.
- 7 -mix all the veggies ,lemon pepper to taste & garlic & layer the rice in the pot. pour 1/2 cup of Extra virgin olive oil on top od the layerd rice & veggies..cover the pot & steam the rice over med heat for 20 min. then cover the pot lead with a cotton cloth or two piece of paper towel And steam for 25 min.more.
- At this time you will smell the wonderful,fntastic unforgetable Sabzi polo aroma.. Turn the stove off.let it sit for 10 min. then serve with any meat dish.
- you als will have a wonderful tahdeeg( crispy rice) at the botom of pot..