Greek style fried cheese appetizer. Kasseri cheese is traditional but Mozzarella can be substituted in a pinch if you can't find kasseri cheese in your area.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add kalamata olives
- add pita bread
- add fresh cherry tomatoes
- add 8 ounces kasseri cheese
- add 1/2 lemon
- add 3 tablespoons olive oil
- add ouzo
- add 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- add flour (for dredging)
- Soak the cheese in Ouzo and dredge in flour.
- Heat olive oil until almost smoking.
- Sauté cheese and brown about 1 minute on each side.
- Flame with more Ouzo.
- Transfer to serving platter and squeeze lemon juice and sprinkle oregano and salt and pepper.
- Serve with pita bread, olives and tomatoes.