These salmon cakes are delicious as a light lunch or dinner and can also be served as appetizers. This is from an advertisement for Chicken of the Sea salmon. I have also made this with canned chicken instead of salmon with great results.
- add 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- add 1 cup dry seasoned bread crumbs
- add 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- add 1/4 cup green onions
- add 3 tablespoons butter
- add 1/4 cup red peppers
- add 2 (6 ounce) cans boneless salmon
- add 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- add 1 dash cayenne pepper
- add 1 egg
- In a small mixing bowl, combine chopped red pepper, green onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, seasoned salt and cayenne pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to personal preference.
- Stir in egg, well-drained salmon and 4 T of the bread crumbs.
- Divide and form mixture into 6 to 8 balls.
- Roll salmon balls in remaining bread crumbs; flatten into cakes (about 1/2 inch thick).
- Fry salmon cakes in melted butter in skillet over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side.