This recipe is from Cook's Companion. Very versatile recipe, you can change or add the herbs/spices that you like!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- add 12 ounces salmon fillets
- add 3 tablespoons olive oil
- add salt and pepper
- add 2 tablespoons cilantro
- add 2 russet potatoes or yukon gold potatoes
- add flour
- add 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Parboil potatoes in salted water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine salmon, hoisin, cilantro, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Drain potatoes, cool and peel them.
- Shred potatoes into strips using the coarse side of a grater.
- Add potato and breadcrumbs to salmon mixture and mix gently with your fingers; try not to break up the strips of potato too much.
- Divide mixture into 8 portions, shape each portion into a compact cake of approx 1/2 inch in thickness, pressing well together.
- Coat the cakes lightly with flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat oil in skillet, and fry salmon cakes for 3-5 minutes each side (until crisp and golden brown).
- Drain on paper towels to remove excess grease and serve with sauce of your choice (tartare, mayonnaise, ketchup); althought personally I love them with Thai chilli sauce or sambal.