This is a tasty and economical meal. I have had this delicious recipe for years and years!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 cup milk
- add 15 1/2 ounces salmon
- add 1/4 cup minced onions
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon basil
- add 1/4 cup butter
- add 1 egg
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add boiling water
- add 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- add 3 medium potatoes
- add 12 ounces frozen peas
- add 1 cup coarsely grated carrots
- heat oven to 350*F.Cover potatoes with boiling water.Let stand 5 minutes and drain.
- Drain salmon, saving liquid.Break into bite size pieces, discarding skin and bones.
- Break peas apart.
- Combine the peas with the carrot and onion.
- Put half the potatoes in a greased casserole dish and top with half of the salmon and half of vegetables.Repeat.
- Combine the salmon liquid and milk, spices and egg.Beat together with a fork and pour over top of the casserole.
- Combine the melted butter and crumbs and sprinkle on top.
- Bake covered for 45 minutes, remove cover and bake 15 minutes longer.