I have had this many times at a local restaurant, Rotisserie for Beef and Bird, where it is their signature complimentary appetizer. It's an easy, yet impressive appetizer to make and disappears very quickly! Printed in a local paper's food section for a recipe quest answer.Cook time is chill time.
- add 4 tablespoons minced green onions, tops and bottoms or chives
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- add 3 ounces dry sherry
- add 2 teaspoons celery salt
- add melba toast or rye bread
- add 8 ounces smoked salmon
- add 16 ounces cream cheese
- Combine cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl and cream lightly.
- Add salmon,garlic, sherry,green onions or chives, and celery salt; blend well.
- Transfer mixture into serving dish, cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours at allow flavors to blend.
- Serve with melba toast or thinly sliced rye bread.