Servs: 4 Prep: Cook:
"Diced chicken and veggies are stirred with spicy salsa to create this satisfying skillet dish from field editor LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma."
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- add 2 cups salsa
- add 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- add 1 garlic clove, minced
- add 1/2 cup chopped celery
- add 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- add 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- add 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- add 2 cups hot cooked rice
- add 3/4 cup chopped onion
- add 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- add 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Saute mushrooms, green pepper, onion, celery, corn and garlic for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add salsa and reserved chicken; heat through. Serve over rice. Top with cheese and sour cream.