When I was doing Weight Watchers and the boys were home, I got really tired of fixing 3 sets of meals each night. When I came upon this recipe - I just didn't tell them this was WW and to this day they still don't know. When the boys come home now - this is one dish they will request. Super fast & easy to fix on work nights. 4 oz. = 4 WW points (without rice) *Note - in response to some reviews that experience the sauce being too runny or thin...extend the reduction time (after removing lid). It may take another 5-10 minutes to thicken and have the consistancy you desire.
- add 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (your choice of heat)
- add 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- add 1 (12 ounce) can Diet Coke (DO NOT SUBSTITUTE ON THIS ITEM)
- In 12 inch skillet, cook chicken over medium high heat in UNSEASONED pan (do NOT spray with PAM or add any oil or butter).
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chicken will stick a bit to skillet when turning but that is ok.
- Cook till just brown- you want a bit of color.
- Add the entire jar of Salsa and the can of Diet Coke.
- Reduce heat to medium low- and simmer for approximately 15-20 minutes, covered.
- Remove lid, turn chicken and continue to simmer until sauce has thickened to desired consistency.
- I serve this over yellow rice (I just add Tumeric to my rice when cooking- adds nice bright yellow color!).
- Do not use regular Coke as this will turn out too sweet.
- I promise- you cannot taste the Diet Coke.