Someone gave me this recipe a few years back and it's become a household favorite. You can use mild, medium or hot salsa depending on your taste. I usually serve it with Spanish rice and Mexican-style canned corn. Very easy and quick!
- add 1 cup salsa
- add 4-5 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- add 1-1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- add 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- add 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of chicken breasts, and pour salsa over all.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is tender and juicy and its juices run clear.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with cheese, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with sour cream if desired, and serve.