Servs: 16 Prep: Cook:
"This is the 'salsa de tomatillo' that I grew up with. It can be used as a sauce for grilled chicken, fish or shrimp, as the basis for green chilaquiles (pour over tortilla chips, shredded cooked chicken and shredded Monterey Jack, then heat under the broiler), and as a dipping sauce for chips. Delicioso!"
- add 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- add 1 small onion, chopped
- add 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- add 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- add salt and pepper to taste
- add 10 tomatillos, husked
- Place tomatillos in a nonreactive saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Simmer until tomatillos soften and begin to burst, about 10 minutes.
- Drain tomatillos and place in a food processor or blender with onion, garlic, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, salt and pepper. Blend to desired consistency.