This is a good one to do with a bunch of kids or grandkids,Its a lot of fun to make.and the kids will remember it for years to come
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 1/2 cup water
- add 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- add 1 teaspoon flavoring (your Choice)
- add 2 tablespoons margarine
- add 1 cup sugar
- add food coloring (your choice, To your likeness on color)
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix sugar and cornstarch in 1-1/2 Quart saucepan.
- stir in next four ingredients.
- cook over med.
- heat,stirring constantly,until mixture boils and sugar is completely dissolved.
- continue cooking,without stirring until temperature reaches 260 degrees farenheit,or until a hard but plastic ball is formed in cold water.
- AFTER BOILING HAS CEASED:stir in flavoring and coloring.
- Pour onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Grease hands and pull until it has a satin-like finish and light color.
- cut into 1 inch pieces.
- wrap in waxed paper.