curry filled pastry
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 teaspoon table salt
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- add 1 small carrot
- add 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- add 50 g frozen green peas
- add 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- add 1 small onion
- add 2 medium potatoes
- add 1 teaspoon black pepper
- add 1 teaspoon garlic cloves
- add 5 sheets phyllo dough
- add 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (or mint)
- add 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- add 1/4 teaspoon cooking spray
- Cook potatoes and carrot in boiling, salted water until tender - about 10 minutes. Drain and partially mash them.
- Mist non-stick frying pan with cooking spray. Sauté onion until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir onion, peas, cumin, ground coriander, chilli powder, turmeric, garlic puree and fresh coriander or mint into potatoes and carrots. Season to taste. Cool completely.
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F Mist baking sheets with spray cooking oil.
- Cut filo pastry sheets into strips, measuring approximately 30 cm x 10 cm (12 inches x 4 inches).
- Place a tablespoon of mixture at one end of a pastry strip. Fold over and over to make a triangle. Repeat to make 20 samosas.
- Mist with cooking spray, place onto baking sheets and bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until golden.