I just LOVE pound cake!
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 3 tablespoons sour cream
- add 1/2 lb butter
- add 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- add 1 teaspoon vanilla
- add 1 2/3 cups flour
- add 2 large eggs
- add 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Spray 8-1/2" Pyrex loaf dish with Pam.Cream butter with sugar on high speed of mixer for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 egg and then a little flour, beating 2 minutes.
- Add 2nd egg and half of remaining flour and beat 2 minutes.
- Add sour cream, rest of flour and extracts, beating 2 minutes.
- Spread batter evenly in dish.
- Bake for 65 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Remove from dish. Slice 1/2" thick.
- Be sure to slice before freezing loaf.
- Thaw to use within 6 months.