This is my first recipe post! I came up with it when I was trying to duplicate my favorite spicy bean dip that is no longer sold at my grocery store. Everyone LOVES this dip and I am asked to make all the time. The only complaint is that there is never enough! It is pretty easy to make as you just throw all the ingredients into a food processor. It can be used as a filling for burritos, tacos or tostadas as well. I sometimes add half a can (15 oz)of Vegitarian Medium Chili to the food processor as well (for the texture of the TVP). Adjust the heat to your liking. Hope you enjoy! Adios!
- add hot sauce (I only use Dat'l Do-It Hot Sauce - Dat'l Do-It is a tomato rich sauce that is not only mildly sweet)
- add 1/2 cup diced red peppers or green peppers (or both)
- add 2 diced fresh jalapenos
- add 2 ounces tomato paste
- add 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- add 1 (15 ounce) can black beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- add 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- add 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- add 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- add 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- add 1/2 large yellow onion
- add cheese
- add 2 cloves garlic
- add 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- add 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- add 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Place all ingredients except Jalapenos into food processor and blend until smooth.
- Fold in Diced Jalapenos.
- Taste and adjust hot sauces to pleasant temperature.
- Garnish with cheese and cilantro leaves.
- Serve with chips or put inside a burrito or taco or on a tostada.