Servs: 12 Prep: Cook:
This recipe has been in our family for years. We traditionally prepare it on Christmas Eve to serve for Christmas morning breakfast.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 lb sausage fried, drained and cooled (this can be ground sausage or chopped up links)
- add 6 eggs
- add 6 pieces bread cubed, without crust
- add 2 cups milk
- add 1 teaspoon salt
- add 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- add 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- add optional add ons:
- add You can add one or all of these ingredients or be creative and add what you like. However, the casserole is delicious as is!
- add 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- add 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- add 1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers
- PREPARE THE NIGHT BEFORE SERVING!
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and dry mustard. Stir in bread cubes. Add grated cheese and cooked sausage and stir until well blended.
- Place in 9 x 13 inch pan. Cover and refrigerate OVERNIGHT.
- In the morning bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Let set 5 minutes and serve!