I got this recipe in High School Home Ec. class mannnnny years ago. I only eat it on crackers never have tried it on the french bread. Preparation and cooking time are a guess.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1/2 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- add 1/2 lb cheddar cheese
- add 1 lb hot sausage
- add 40 saltine crackers
- add 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- add 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- add 12 ounces tomato paste
- add 1/4 cup stuffed green olives
- add 1/2 cup chopped onions
- add 1/2 teaspoon salt
- add 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- add 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- add 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Shape sausage by teaspoonfuls.
- Cook over medium heat until pink is gone.
- Pour off any grease.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese and crackers.
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Spread on crackers.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake in 350* oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.
- Pizza mix may be stored in refrigerator 2 to 3 days before serving.
- French bread may be substituted for crackers.
- Slicing lengthwise before spreading with mixture.