A fun change from ordinary egg rolls, this chicken version with sauce is easy to prepare. These freeze well too! Prep time can be easily reduced using a food processor to grate the veggies and mix the filling.
If you see an ingredient you would like to add to your shopping list simply click the icon and the item will be saved in your "Home" under the "Shopping List" link
- add 1 1/2 teaspoons grated ginger
- add 2 tablespoons vinegar
- add salt and pepper
- add 1 cup cooked brown rice
- add 1/4 cup water
- add 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- add 3 tablespoons honey
- add 1 (20 count) package egg roll wraps (may substitute small flour tortillas)
- add 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- add 1/4 cup finely grated carrots
- add 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- add 2 green onions
- add 2 cups thinly sliced cabbage (to save time, buy packaged cole slaw mix)
- add 1 egg
- add oil (for frying)
- add 1 lb ground chicken
- add 2/3 cup finely grated zucchini
- add 1/3 cup frozen peas
- Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl.
- Fill each wrapper with about 1/3 cup or more of the meat mixture.
- Roll up (burrito style) and seal edges with water (if using tortillas, seal with toothpicks).
- Heat oil in a large skillet or sautee pan over medium high heat and brown the roll ups for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Pour juice, honey and vinegar into a small sauce pan and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Combine water and cornstarch, and add to juice mixture, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve hot roll ups with warm dipping sauce.