My husband is a steak purist--NOTHING on his BBQ steaks--UNTIL I introduced him to this quick & very easy topping. From an old Good Housekeeping cookbook, but tweaked slightly. Worse thing is that I eat more steak with this on it! Haven't tried yet on hamburgers but will do so some day. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- add 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- add 1 tablespoon mustard (I use regular but you could use any other flavor)
- add 1/4 teaspoon horseradish (or to taste)
- add 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- Soften margarine slightly, then add other ingredients. Mix well.
- Spread on hot, sizzling steak straight off the grill.
- NOTE:Please be sure to take the steak OFF the grill before adding this topper!