Our son gave us a bottle of pomegranate molasses. I found this recipe while looking for ways to use it. It is really tasty, but a bit on the dry side. We used the baba ganouj as a sauce, and that worked really well.
- add salt
- add 1 tablespoon pepper
- add 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- add 2 tablespoons dried mint
- add 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- add 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- add 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- add 50 g toasted pine nuts (reserve a few to garnish)
- add 1 kg lean ground lamb
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil
- add 2 onions
- add 3 cloves garlic
- add 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped (reserve a few sprigs for garnish)
- Heat oil in a pan, and add the onions and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until golden and softened.
- Add the lamb mince, and cook until all the meat has changed colour and it it well brownned.
- Add the remaing herbs and spices and mix through.
- Add the pomegranate molasses and pine nuts (remember to reserve a few), mix through the mince and leave to rest.
- Serve with oven toasted Turkish bread and Baba Ganoush.